As you welcome guests to your home this Thanksgiving you will want to wow them by offering the most beautiful tablescape possible. By using some of these decorating tips you will have a holiday table to be envied.
Elements of a Perfect Tablescape
There are a number of elements that come together to make a beautiful and functional Thanksgiving tablescape. The first steps in the planning phase are to choose a color scheme and a general theme and then you can build from there. After you make those decisions you can start choosing chargers, dishes and map out your ideal holiday table. Creating a table that is both beautiful and functional is the goal to any successful holiday meal.
Planning Your Tablescape
There are a few decisions that you will need to create a warm and inviting tablescape that will impress your guests. These are the most important decisions that should be made with an eye to cohesiveness. Each decision should build upon the last to create a thematic and organized tablescape.
- Do you have a theme? This could be as simple as a traditional fall theme or as specific as a glitter and gold theme. Choose what suits your needs and taste and get started.
- What kind of containers will you use? You must make a decision about which vases are appropriate, what trays will suit your needs and what bowls will coordinate with your theme. Mixing and matching is fine, just remember cohesiveness is key.
- What is your color scheme? When planning a tablescape color is critical. Most designers suggest that you choose one or two colors as your base and include a few pops of complementary colors to intensify the look of the table.
- Will using produce enhance your table? There is nothing more festive than fresh fruit like pears, pomegranates or pumpkins on a fall table.
- What flowers fit your table best? This includes not only the specific flowers themselves, but also think color, height and structure. Will a tall thin arrangement block cross-table conversation? Make sure to pay attention to both function and form with this decision.
- What props will round out your table? It is possible that the first five elements complete the table. However, some elaborate tablescapes will include props like candles, pinecones or pine needles to bring scent and warmth to the table.
Tablescape Trends for 2016
Some trends that are being seen for this Thanksgiving season include:
- Personalized place settings with old photographs or trinkets to spark conversations about the past are popular this season.
- Coastal Thanksgiving scenes with nautical hints are very popular for 2016.
- Kraft paper runners might sound pedestrian, however many luxurious table settings include the use of this plain brown paper as a liner that can be customized with paint, glitter, florals and much more.
- Those looking for a more elegant tablescape are turning to lush dark tones to don the feeling of sophistication and grace.
- Another popular trend is to delight not just the eyes but all of the senses. Attention to details like warm, rich scents, soft music and varied tastes help enliven all of the senses.
To learn more about Southern California real estate opportunities where you can welcome guests for each holiday, contact our luxury real estate experts. We specialize in high-end properties in the most exclusive neighborhoods in Southern California.
$3,575,000 : 479 S HOLT Avenue, Los Angeles4 beds, 5 baths
$2,499,000 : 2663 ANCHOR Avenue, Los Angeles3 beds, 3 baths
$3,999,999 : 732 WARNER Avenue, Los Angeles5 beds, 4 baths
$3,595,000 : 15465 HAMNER Drive, Los Angeles4 beds, 5 baths
$2,995,000 : 2004 WATTLES Drive, Los Angeles4 beds, 5 baths
See all City of Los Angeles Luxury Homes For Sale.
(all data current as of 7/25/2017)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.